Somewhere on earth gym rat cookie lovers will rejoice! We've found the perfect snack for your post workout meal. If you're anything like me, and hate those daily protein shakes, (which by the way are totally the most effective) this is a great reason to leave the blender bottle at home. With peanut butter and chocolate chips in every bite, these flavorful cookies not only satisfy that nagging sweet-tooth but also provide 52 grams of protein in each batch.
According to bodybuilder.com, whey protein powder is as close as it gets to a "required supplement" for anyone hoping to build muscle, gain a performance advantage, drop body fat, or enhance overall health and wellness. Consuming protein after exercise compensates for the increased breakdown of protein in the body that occurs during training, while also providing it with the stimulus for muscle growth. Whey protein is ideal for post-workout recovery because it’s easily digested and has a high concentration of essential amino acids.
While these cookies alone are not enough to produce "body building" results, they are still a tasty way to up the protein "anti" especially if you are new to the world of whey or simply tired of chugging shakes. This recipe can be used with whey or soy protein and can be modified flavor-wise to your liking. So heres to all our guilty cookie lovers out there sneaking snacks in the gym locker room, enjoy!
1. 1/8 cup Soy Milk
2. ½ A Table Spoon Vanilla Extract
3. 2 Ripe Bananas
4. 1 Cup of Instant Oats
5. 2 Scoops of Whey Protein (any flavor)
6. 2 Tablespoons of Peanut Butter
7. ¼ of a Cup of Chocolate Chips
8. Cooking oil spray
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
2. Mash ripe bananas in a bowl
3. Mix 1 cup of instant oats, 2 scoops of vanilla protein, ½ table spoon of vanilla extract into dry mixing bowl
4. Pour mash bananas into the bowl with your mixed ingredients
5. Add 2 tablespoons of peanut butter, ¼ of a cup of soy milk, ¼ of a cup of chocolate chips (or more if you really love chocolate)
6. Mix everything together until it is a thick consistency
7. Spray cookie sheet with cooking oil
8. Drop dollops of cookie mixture onto the cookie sheet
9. Bake in oven for about 10 minutes or until firm
10. Allow cookies to cool
Send us photos of you making your Whey Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies!
By: Raven Irabor