Im so excited! I took the time today to begin creating my 2015 vision board! I decided to go high-tech and use Pinterest so I can keep an ongoing board throughout the year and so I can share my board with others. Now, some believe that your vision board is a private matter that shouldn't be shared for fear that others may influence your dreams and distract your focus. Personally, I don't feel that way. I am completely ok with people seeing my vision board and I am also ok if they don't fully understand or agree with some of the items I've added to the board.
Though, my board is personal, I'm sharing it as an example, in hopes to inspire some of you to create your own. Somethings that I have posted have a vague or even lack a description because those things are in a sense "private". If your are more of the private type, then feel free to click "private" when creating your board to keep your dreams close.
If you're not totally familiar, a vision board is a visual representation of your goals and aspirations. The board is designed to keep you focused on the dream using affirmations and images as reminders. Pinterest works great because you can pin anything you want from anywhere online or your own images of family, pets or all things personal. Pinterest is also great because it allows you to create a sense of community by sharing your boards and following others for increased inspiration (should you chose). I do recommend having a physical board somewhere in your home or office, so that even when you are offline, your dreams are still present, constantly manifesting before you.
5 Steps to Creating Your Board
1. Make a list of long term goals and short term goals that you would like to accomplish during the upcoming year. Think about weaknesses that you would like to strengthen, things that you may want to learn, or people that you may want to help. Maybe the things you want are not so specific or tangible, thats ok. Find images or words that are representative of these things.
2. Create a Pinterest account and hit create board. Title it whatever you like! Decide if you want your board to be public or private.
3. Every element matters. Think about the colors that you choose and what those colors mean to you. My board is in no particular order but you may organize yours as you like.
4. Keep an open mind. Allow your heart to speak to your board. Don't limit yourself or the items that you pin. Stay focused on the goals that you listed. Include affirmations that support your goals.
5. Continue to add to your board throughout the year. Screenshot pieces of your board and make it your desktop photo, background on your phone, or print it, and frame it for your workspace.
When creating my board I focused on long term goals, short term goals, and positive affirmations. My goals included working out, eating clean, comfy, conducive work spaces, people I admire, images that give me life and anything else that may peeked my empowerment interest. Keep your boards true to you and your goals.
Within my board there are pieces of inspirational clothing, home goods, decretive items and brands that I adore and plan to purchase. Check them out! I also give a brief description of what each item means to me and why I chose to pin it. Some descriptions are purposely vague, to leave room for your interpretation. I have some big plans for next year and all the hints are pinned on the board. Take a guess! Let me know what you think I have planned for next year! They're may be a giveaway involved : )
Check out my board, and follow us on pinterest and we'll follow back! We want to see and share your dreams! Good luck in creating! If you like please share!